I just want to express my feelings about Richard Raddon & Prop 8. I was introduced to the FIND community (Back when it was IFP West) through Project:Involve in 2001. Since then I have been a proud member of FIND and an honoree of Project Iinvolve. Today, however, I was shocked and appalled to find out the news about Rich Raddon's position and support for prop 8. I was also shocked that I found out through an outside source and not through FIND.
I don't believe FIND should be held accountable for his actions and I strongly believe in freedom of speech, expression and choices; however, when someone votes and supports a proposition that takes away constitutional human rights and supports to make a group of human beings second class citizens, it makes me question if the philosophy and the diversity of FIND and its film festivals is being fulfilled by having someone like Mr. Raddon as the Director of the LA Film Festival- one of this countries most important film festivals.
Again, as a member of the FIND family I am not holding FIND accountable for Mr. Raddon's choices. I will continue to support FIND's vision and continue to be proud to be a member of the FIND and Project Involve community. I do think that immediate action must be taken. It can start by making a statement and letting the FIND community become aware of what is going on. Perhaps hold a forum where Mr. Raddon addresses FIND members will be the next step.
Inaction is not a solution.
In solidarity,
Miguel Angel Caballero
Miguel Angel Caballero